Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Final Countdown

The Minnesota Twins are at least still making it interesting for us:

And so are the Tigers.
Hey, if the Vikings can make an amazing comeback, why can't our baseball team?

I've had a long, long, long week at work, and it's only going to get worse for a couple days (so the posting might get a little light until after the Detroit series), I promise, I'll make up for it with some good ones soon. But I must say, this weekend was perfect for watching Minnesota sports.
You could be of the opinion that the Twins didn't do themselves any favors by not winning on Sunday when the Tigers gave them an opportunity to get within 1 game.

Oh, thanks Chicago. We thought it was fun too!

However, the Twins have been on an extended road trip and they've shaved a game off the Tigers lead. Sunday they faced the guy who by all accounts should win the Cy Young

Yeah, you Zack! Smile!

Despite Kubel's bat becoming nonexistent, they managed to peel of 8 wins in a row until running into Mr. Cy Young. As long as they break out the bats again tomorrow against Porcello, this team still has a very realistic shot. It's coming down to the wire.

This is going to be a very interesting 4 days of baseball. I like the Twins chances, even in Comerica. The Tigers just seem to be imploding and the Twins are picking each other up at exactly the right times. All season long I've never had this much confidence that we'd find a way to eke out a win when watching games.

OK, so again, I'll try to post if I find time in the next few days, but expect me back towards the end of the week at the very least. Check out the Twins blogs on the lefthand bar for your daily dose of Twins news though.

I know, Nick, it's getting exciting! Hold on!

Wave those homer hankies! Let's get some optimism flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment